Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I want do make my own line of stickers, does anyone know what the sticker adhesive is called or made of?

Please no mention of the Xyron machines as the refill cartridges can get too expensive!!!! I need to know what adhesive I can apply to the back of a certain type of paper that will make that paper act like a sticker. I know that certain places sell sticker paper that you feed into a printer and print out stickers, but that is not what I am looking for either. I need to have my adhesive DIRECTLY on the back of scrapbook paper. I do not want to go through the hassle of scanning my scrapbook paper and printing it out onto sticker paper...that would be too time consuming and not to mention that the quality would be lacking. Any help would be appreciated!!!!I want do make my own line of stickers, does anyone know what the sticker adhesive is called or made of?
Homemade sticker adhesive recipe


Sticker Adhesive


路 1 packet (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin





路 1 tablespoon cold water





路 3 tablespoons boiling water





路 1/2 teaspoon sugar or corn syrup





路 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (or flavor of choice)





Paint brush





Sprinkle gelatin into cold water and soften for 5 minutes. Pour boiling water in gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Add corn syrup or sugar and extract. Mix well.





Thinly apply a layer of adhesive to the back of the sticker sheet. Allow to dry completely. Page will curl so place under a heavy object like a phone book until it flattens out.


Using sharp scissors cut stickers apart.





Any leftover adhesive will gel overnight. To return to original state, store in glass container. Place container in a pan of hot water unti the glue becomes usable again. Unused adhesive can be refrigerated for several months.I want do make my own line of stickers, does anyone know what the sticker adhesive is called or made of?
glue

No comments:

Post a Comment