Friday, February 26, 2010

I want to make a a steel putty adhesive. can any one help and tell me that which material i can use in it .?

i wwant to make in two parts and which we mix both the chemical it should make a putty and then it should be used as a steel adhesiveI want to make a a steel putty adhesive. can any one help and tell me that which material i can use in it .?
Get some JB Weld, you can mix it up in two parts. Its an epoxy, and not a putty. A putty mix will not bond steel, you need an epoxy that will ';glue'; the steel pieces together.





A putty mixture will be an oily compound, or of petroleum based and is not designed to ';stick'; to metal. Oh, it may harden up and if you insert metal into it, bond like that, but, its not designed to ';glue'; pieces of metal together, unless they have something new on the market that I am not aware of...(They do have tons of stuff coming out weekly and sometimes daily, but I am giveing you the benefiet of my knowledge at this present time).





JB WELD is the best to put two pieces of metal together. We used it to bind a hub that was busted and it had several tones of weight on it, and it held together for a year and a half, (which impressed me to no end!).





Ok, my two cents for what its worth..





JesseI want to make a a steel putty adhesive. can any one help and tell me that which material i can use in it .?
LORDS adhesives! They make an adhesive for everything! It'll cost more but is what we used to adhere aluminum to iron! In fact most aluminum signs you see are put together with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment